Real estate industry news
Part-Time Resident Manager Position - Position Filled 3-16-17
We have an opening for a part-time, resident manager for our gorgeous 48-unit building located on Nob Hill. The position is both administrative and janitorial in nature.
Administrative Responsibilities: Sales (rental of apartments units), Public Relations (resident relations), Scheduling (maintenance and renovation scheduling), Accounting (acceptance of and documentation of rental payments).
Tele-commuting skills: Ability to use cloud based browser software to enter rents, maintenance requests and input data and sign online documents, is also a requirement. A company paid work-only computer, secure wireless on-site local network, printer-scanner and DSL line are provided.
Public Relations: A big part of this job involves resident and company relations. The position requires an applicant with good to excellent communication skills, the ability to work well with others, even under pressure, and to professionally interact with clients and vendors and represent the ownership and management with third parties.
Time Management: The successful applicant(s) must have strong organizational skills, the ability to self-manage and monitor their time, the ability to follow written and verbal instructions, the ability to work through problems and the potential emergency (earthquake-fire-floods) and possess excellent common sense.
Technology: As a company, we are heavily dependent upon technology. Therefore, strong computer background and experience is required. Applicant must be comfortable and familiar with Windows operating system, Gmail, and Office 2010. (For example, applicant must have ability to install a printer on a computer following the instructions of IT phone assistance.) Experience with Appfolio property management software and a basic understanding of accounting terms a plus, but not essential.
Social Media: Successful applicant will be comfortable using video, Postlets, Twitter, LinkedIn and other common social media Internet programs.
Strong Ethical Compass: The successful applicant(s) will have a strong work ethic, a respect and appreciation for diversity and a strong sense of respect for others. Our company has a reputation for treating our residents with respect and successful applicant will maintain this high standard.
The janitorial portion includes skills or willingness to learn minor property maintenance depending upon the building’s needs (e.g. change a leaking washer in a faucet or shut off gas in an emergency). Applicant must be comfortable working at all levels of the career ladder. At Lightner Property Group, no one is above the tasks needed to get the job done for our clients.
Hours and Time:
- Part-time, on site position. (15-20/hours per week)
- Position requires routine evening and weekend work. Flexibility in their daily schedule is a requirement, as the daily schedule can change on short notice.
- Successful applicant must reside full time at the residence and regularly sleep at the building.
- Applicant must be able to carry and respond to cell phone calls.
- Applicant must be able to attend a quarterly resident managers meeting currently held during the normal work week. This meeting time can be changed and manager must be able to accommodate a time change with notice.
- Ownership of and use of an automobile is not necessary for this position.
- Vacation and business travel will be accommodated for up to a total of two weeks per year, but never longer than one week at a time.
- Successful applicant must be capable of sitting, standing, walking, bending, and lifting up to 35-50 lbs. Regular duties will require applicant to walk up and down stairs daily, occasionally climb a ladder and the capacity to deal with urgent building problems on occasion.
- The sitting requirements include use of a computer for extended periods (60 minutes or more) with all legally required breaks.
- Applicants must be able to respond to telephone calls and email inquiries through speech and writing.
Education or Certification Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proper communication includes good grammar and spelling skills.
- Applicant must hold the California Apartment Association’s designation of Certified Resident Manager (CRM) or equivalent; or, a California Real Estate license, or be willing to complete certification-license within one year of the date of hire.
- Applicant must be willing to complete the San Francisco NERT certification program within one year of the date of hire.
Compensation and Benefits
- Estimated discounted 1 bedroom apartment rent credit value in accordance with legal requirements.
- Estimated Salary: $1200-1300 per month based upon experience, ability, job duties and hours.
Benefits: paid sick leave earned in accordance with local San Francisco legal requirements.
Send a note only, briefly toting your applicable experience, to CCH@LightnerGroup.com with RESIDENT MANAGER in the subject line. Or, you may fax it to 415-267-2905.
If your email is successfully submitted to the system you will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours. Applications submitted by fax, will not receive a confirmation message.
No phone calls please.
We are proud to advise you Lightner Property Group, Inc., and its affiliates, is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support and encourage a diverse workforce. Opportunities for advancement are provided to all team members and hiring and advancement decisions are based upon merit, performance and qualifications.